Friday, May 31, 2013

The Dreamer...

I love this quote. When we move and I finally get my own room, I want this on my wall, right above my bed. :) 
It describes me really well. I'm definitely a dreamer. One of the reasons I love things like reading and Doctor Who so much is that, for a moment crazy, impossible things can be real. Time travel and other worlds and mythical creatures.

Aren’t impossible things God’s specialty?

If God invented giraffes and bumblebees, why not dragons and unicorns? And if not, where did the stories come from? Tolkien said “I believe legends and myths are largely made of truth.” And I totally agree.

There's some childish, optimistic part of me always hoping that maybe, somewhere, there's unknown, wonderful things. But I want to see them and feel them and experience them. And since the realistic, logical part of me says that that's impossible. 

When I'm done with highschool, I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I want to travel, to see the world. And write, obviously. And drink tea. But other than that I don't know what's gonna happen... I really want God to use me to bring people to him. I don't know how, but that's what I want. Tea, God, books, and traveling. That's my dream world. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I missed the first post on commenting! Just... just x) So very x)!!! Ahh... ='"D Amen... x)... It's all so true, isn't it? He is. There is so much depth and wonders to be discovered. He has made wonder and delight unsearchable. He just is. And so we are. And there's such room for wonder and delight and /dreaming/!!! =')

    Such a delight, to be His daughter, yeah? x)

    Okay Addi, you're not merely Kotoompish. You're also rather CotNish. Which is the highest compliment I can give you, even though I'm not going to explain it. Just smile. :) You're CotNish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, CotNish?? Well, I'm smiling, despite the unknown meaning of the term... It sounds nice. :D

    ReplyDelete