Friday, May 17, 2013

Parallel Stories

Do you know what I mean by that? Some people call them like companion books or whatever, but they're the books and series that cross over into each other but can also stand alone. Like Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles, or the Kingdom Series and the Knights of Arrethtrae, or my latest discovery, the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices. I finished the last Infernal Devices book today. It was sad. :( but satisfying because it had a good ending .
Some one once told me that they didn't like the end of Mockingjay. I was like ":O but it was perfect!" It neatly wrapped up everything and it didn't leave you wondering what happens next.
Unlike the end of Inheritance, which brought up more questions than it answered.
Yeah, still mad about that book...
Parallels!
Because I'm unoriginal and I like certain names, I started blending my stories a little bit, at least the ones that happen in this time period/world, so I could use a certain character more than once. And it's sooo fun. Because you have to keep it kind of subtle to keep the plot from changing (something Rick did wonderfully in the Throne of Fire, throwing Lacey and Drew in the same school as Sadie and Carter. Just enough to tease us and get us excited, not enough to influence the plot.) Anyway, it's great. It's not like anyone will notice but me, but I feel so boss when I make it work. xD
Now, I'm going to read The Great Gatsby. The movie trailer piqued my interest, and my friend recommended it, so I shall read!
Farewell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment