Tuesday, August 20, 2013

School

Oh, dear... We're two days into it, and it's not looking good, folks.
I don't think it'll be too hard, except chemistry. Oh, gosh, that class scares me.

Well, let's start with the good parts.
~Friends. YAAAAY people!! Besties!! :D I missed my little not-real-family this summer.
~Newspaper. I'm sooo excited for this. I want to learn how it works, and how to interview people, and I want to write, and practice, and get better. I think it'd be fun to be editor someday. Hmm... ^_^
~Concert Choir. Love. I love singing. I love all the people being in it. I love how we sound. I love that I get the green dress instead of the black one. 
~The Musical. Ahhhh it's in like a month!!! :D I'm really digging being in the small cast. I like the people, and we all talk in British accents (of varying accuracy). Plus I get to wear a Victorian dress. xD And there's dancing and singing and happiness! Abby and I are in the chorus, and Lexi kinda got dragged into being assistant stage manager. Woot, woot!!
~Apologetics. Best. Class. It's all girls, which means it's super chill, and almost all my best friends are in it. And I want to learn this stuff. I'm really excited.
~Hanging out with my friends in the computer lab after school. It's us and the Minecraft guys. I think we'll start filming again soon. This is code for eating candy, drinking Mountain Dew, and driving Mr.Wolf crazy. And entertaining him. xD We just came in and talked (well, talked might not be the right word with our gang...) about history today. He had that amused "You guys are crazy what is wrong with you" look on.
~Spanish. I love my Spanish teacher. She is awesome.
~Chapel. Starts tomorrow!! YAY!!! :D
That's pretty much all I got.

The Stuff I'm Not Sure About Yet:
Chemistry. U.S. History teacher. Algebra 2. Small groups (they start Thursday, but I'm pretty excited. ).

The Parts I Want To Kill (Note: This is all me ranting. You do not have to read my pessimistic complaints):
Sperrys. English. U.S. History class.

Sperrys. >_> Our school has gotten very... um *tries to think of a non-critical word* specific about what shoes we can wear this year. And I'll be honest, it is pushing my patience.
I've never been a fan of the uniforms, but I get it. I understand the logic. And then came the shoe rule. It basically says wear Sperrys, although Oxfords work too.
I. Hate. Sperrys. Well, I hate them on me. I think they're adorable on other people. But grrrr the whole school wearing them, plus our uniforms, makes us look like an incredibly preppy army.
I need some room to make choices, people. As do all my classmates, I'm guessing. If you get to choose what we're wearing, and learning, and have rules about every freaking thing, I feel like I'm in a prison.
And I'll try to break those rules, for the sake of choosing that. It's happened before and I try not to, but ooh... I need room to breathe, and room to make decisions. They're not giving us that. And oh, it drives me crazy. I want to wear Converse and pink socks. Why is that a problem?
I grew up doing school in pajamas and sweatpants, so maybe it's just me, but, ugh.
OH. The internet at Trinity blocks Pinterest and Facebook. It drives me insane. Sometimes when I'm stuck at school, I'll want to find a freewrite prompt, or look at outfits, or message someone on Facebook, and it's blocked. No. Just no. If people are going to get on there during school, that's their choice. If they end up with a bad grade, sucks for them. Besides, you just use your phone and turn off wi-fi. Except that's a pain and I have use up my precious data.
It's so control-y this year. T_T

English... oh, oh, oh. This was my favorite academic class last year. I loved it.
This year... How do I put this sensitively? I'm scared it'll be too... easy? It's just, the teacher has this way of treating us like we're in kindergarten.
And it grates on my nerves so. Freaking. Much. It's like aaaagggghh we're all between fourteen and sixteen years old. We know how to spell our names.

So, that's frustrating.

And I've never really liked U.S. History. I LOVE World History, but U.S... I think it's mostly because starting in like first grade, you cover the same things up until high school. And we have to memorize states and capitals and presidents. >_> I'm planning on moving to Asia or Europe, so...
On the bright side, Paul, my "brother" is in that class, and I think we will have a lot of fun. xD Mwahahaha.

AND will someone please explain why we are forced to learn Algebra and Chemistry??
I seriously have no idea when the heck I will ever use that. Ever.

Why don't they teach us how to like, pay bills or something? I've heard that we will use that.

I have yet to find something useful being taught in highschool.
Okay, I take that back. Writing. And choir. And Spanish. Annnnd that's it, I think.
-_- Wow. Three out of my eight classes, and two are electives.Well, apologetics. I think that'll be good. And they don't even teach that in most schools.

So, basically, two days into school, and it's just reminding me how much I loathe it and love it at the same time.

I am trying to be optimistic.

And I do love my school, mostly. I just really needed to rant all that now, so I'll be able to deal with it for the rest of the year without killing someone or getting detention for breaking a rule (yeah, I'm exaggerating).

Pray for me, and everyone else starting school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment