Friday, August 16, 2013

Dear Whoever Made Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters Movie... Shame On You.

I'm not kidding. How COULD you? That is on of the most epic books I've ever read and you... You DESTROYED it!!!
You even got the plot wrong. I mean, I'm the kind of person who thinks movies have to be /exactly/ like the book (something which hopefully I can change so I'll stop making death threats), but this was just hideous. 
Even the original Greek myths were butchered. Poseidon didn't kill Kronos, you idiots. And Riptide belonged to Hercules, not Poseidon.
It didn't even follow the plot. 
HOW. WHY??!???
IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND YOU KILLED IT.
And even as a movie it was bad, like not even just as a book adaptation. The characters were flat.
Friend: In what way? [Did it not follow the plot?]
Me: He killed Kronos.
Friend: WHAT. What else? Not sure I want to know... But tell me
Me: Basically, if it was in the book, it wasn't in the movie
Friend: Can you be a little more specific?
Me: I'm 100% serious.
Friend: They didn't go to the Sea of Monsters? u_U
Me: They did. For two minutes. And one monster that WASN'T EVER RIGHT.
Friend: *even. Which one was it?
Me The whirlpool one (Charybdis?) BUT THEY DID IT WRONG. They went in her stomach.
Friend: What the heck...No Cerce? No Blackbeard? No guinea Percy?
Me: Nope. Nada. Zilch.
Friend: No Reyna which basically sorta kinda not really sets up Heroes of Olympus?
Me: No Circe's Island AT ALL. TYSON WAS WRONG. He didn't act awesome and adorable. He was "meh" at best. Clarrise was WAY too nice. No Yankee's cap. No chariot races, no demon pigeons. The Mist is now sold in perfume bottles.
Friend: What about Thalia?
Me: Yes, Thalia, but they kinda made her lame. HORRIBLE lines. Like seriously, the script sucked.
There was a lot of forced humor that failed. No Grover trapped on the island. No man eating sheep. No dream about Grocer in a wedding dress. No Lastrygonians. They called the Princess Andromeda just Andromeda and said she was a yacht. SHE'S A CRUISE SHIP FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE. I hated it. I really did. No Sally Jackson. Annabeth's annoying and boring.
Friend: Woooow...

Oh, and I got the Firefly joke. THAT was good.

OMW. I literally said all this before I saw this video, but if you want to know it's not just me who HATES this movie, click here. Thank you, CassJayTuck for understanding me.

1 comment: