Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Need To Go Somewhere

Well, I got bored with Chemistry, and started writing... and this happened. Not sure how my thought process works, but yeah.

********

I'm supposed to be working on a lab report right now. Instead I'm procrastinating, sitting on the couch with music up and writing whatever comes into my brain.

Bunnies (no idea why I thought of that). Easter. Chocolate. Christmas. Presents. Operation Christmas Child. India. Elephants. Thailand. Thai food. The beach. Pirates. Hannah. The rest of the gang. Concert Choir. The Fault in Our Stars.

Okay, y'all need to read that book. Seriously.
If you want to know why you should read, click here.
If you want to know why I love this book, click here.

I really want to travel. Like, right now. I want to pack up my books and shoes and fly to India. I miss my "Indian" people. Of course, most of them aren't even there anymore. Some are scattered across the States. Others are in Thailand. But Hannah and Joel and Madelyn and Jonathan and Grace are there.
But then I'd miss my American friends. That's the worst part about being a TCK, guys.
I'm basically doomed to always, always missing someone.

Can I go to Europe? Please? I miss the chaos of traveling. I miss hearing twenty different languages in an airport. I miss seeing the ground drop beneath a plane. I miss landing and breathing in the smell of gasoline and smoke and cold air. I miss seeing ancient architecture. I miss riding on subways. I miss adventure.
I want y'all to experience it so bad.

It's hard though. It's crazy hard. It's hard to wait for hours in customs. It's hard to communicate when there's a language barrier. It's hard to keep track of where you get on and off of subways. It's hard to survive for ten hours on a crowded airplane. It's hard to not be in the same culture I grew up. It's hard to be so alone.

But I love it. Because I have always wanted adventure, and I got my taste of it, and now I want to submerge myself in cultures and languages and new things and beauty.

 Instead I'm procrastinating, sitting on the couch with music up and writing whatever comes into my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment