Saturday, October 27, 2012

Journaling

Quick explanation: My friends and I started a little, mini-writing club and I'm kinda, sorta in charge of it. Here's the first thing I sent out

Hey!!! 


"My journal is at the heart of my writing. There I record dreams, memories, funny happenings and wild ideas. Free to play, I write in different directions and colors; I draw, I tape in leaves, notes from kids, boarding passes. From such compost, poems, stories, and even novels grow." - George Ella Lyon

Well, I found this in my lists of writing quotes. And I wondered, do y'all keep journals?? I do, but I'll be honest, I am bad at writing in it. 
I have this blog, which helps me document  my adventures. Another thing is, when I get really passionate about something, I express it in a story. My friend emailed me and said he was really upset, and I told him to either throw pillows against the wall, or go write, haha. And it worked. xD

But how do you guys keep track of your lives? 
Here's the challenge: Write in a journal or diary everyday this week. If you already do write in a journal, then this'll be easy. If you don't, then find a random notebook and write!! :) 

Hey, what kind of genre do y'all prefer to write and/or read? Like, I love fantasy and sci-fi, Madelyn seems to like more classics, etc. (Madelyn, I'm not sure that's right, that's just what I have observed, so correct me if I'm wrong) I'd like to know, because it'll be easier to find/make up freewrite prompts that are easy to write with. 

Reply soon and write lots!! :D

Adios!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment