Thursday, July 12, 2012

Moving out

Well y'all, today's the day we actually leave our house. The flight back home is in less than a week. Our house is sorted, packed and a bit messy. In just a few minutes the guys will come to pack and collect out stuff for shipping.
We'll go to a hotel later, but we'll still hang out here at the house in the next week. It's a really, really, really weird feeling. I still don't believe I'm actually moving in just a few days. Is this how it felt the first time? I honestly can't remember. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing my friends and family again, within the next three weeks!! Yay!!
One a less happy note (to put it mildly) moving back also means saying goodbye to all the amazing people we've met here. They have seriously impacted me, some just a little and others a LOT. I've really learned from these people, and I hope I never forget the lessons they have taught me. <3
Some of you may know, Dad has to come back to Bangalore for about a month. :( so he's coming back with us, helping us get settled, then flying back to India. We're all pretty bummed about that.
Another thing is, I'm officially going to school this year!! My traveling chapter of my life will end, and the high school one will begin. Scary thought. I've only been to "real school" one year in my life and that was second grade. So I'm pretty nervous, but excited too. Ok, so I'm really nervous. I honestly don't feel like I can handle it. Pray that I'll get through the next four years. :P ;)

[A little while later...]
The packing dudes have come. There is a moving truck outside my house!! I've never had a moving truck outside my house, the closest thing was the teeny tiny U-haul that took our stuff to the airport. So it feels odd. Haha.
And while the packing dudes are packing, some other guys who bought our beds are taking them. So the house is CrAzY.

[Quite a bit later...]
Holly, Mom and I are hanging out in the hotel. We brought the stuff, checked in, and made sure our favorite channel was in the TV. xD (the main shows are Masterchef Australia and White Collar)

Anyways, this was a pretty long post. I'll wrap it up here with a few prayer requests:
First, obviously we're leaving the country soon, and we still have quite a bit to get done. Please pray everything will get done and settled without any crazy complications.
And to extend on that, when we do get back to the States, we're gonna be dealing with jet lag, culture shock and the fact that we have to move back into our house. So, pray that we'll be able to handle all the chaos and go quickly and smoothly.
And finally, one not about us. A little boy we know is really sick. He had to go the hospital and have a blood transfusion. He's doing a bit better, but please pray he will get well quickly and that it won't be terribly expensive.
Thanks y'all!!
Have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment