Monday, July 23, 2012

Addi's current favs... :D

Lord of the Rings
Holly and I are like twins a lot of the time. We know each other ridiculously well, and have pretty much the same interests. (Well, her's are more athletic, mine are more nerdy or creative ;) But we are both obsessed with Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. OBSESSED. Holly more so, almost. I've seen the three LOTR movies, and read the Fellowship and some of the Two Towers. Holly is obeying the sacred law of bookworms and reading the books before seeing the movies. :D I've trained her well. Our plan is for her to finish the books before the Hobbit movie is released, and go to the midnight premiere in Imax with some friends, and go right into a Lord of the Rings marathon. (Actually our friends thought of this, not us :P). But still, tis a brilliant plan. Mwahahaha!!!!! Now if we can just convince our parents...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Starbucks
Hehe, I seriously like frappichinos. Enough said.

Freewrite Parties!!
When I was in elementary and middle school (haha, that feels so weird. When I was in middle school), I had the best writing teacher ever. At the start of every class, she made us do freewrites for the first ten-fifteen minutes. A freewrite is when someone gives a prompt, either a sentence or a picture or theme, and you write within a time limit to do the best you can. In class, some of them were really, really, really hard. Recently, on my online school, I got connected to a girl who graduated last year. She is really nice and creative, and got a LOT of kids interested in creative writing, me included. She started freewrite parties on Skype. A whole bunch of kids get on Skype at a scheduled time, and we write for hours. The hard part is the fact that we live all over the world- Hawaii, India, Israel, China, California, Russia... it gets hard to find a time that works for everyone. :P
Here's a prompt I made up, maybe you could try one!

The dark heavy smoke filled what used to be a cool blue, and I saw the last of my old life shatter.

If you do take advantage of this, please send me what you come up with! It's really fun to see how different people interpret the prompts. One girl made it funny, I made it darker, so it can go however you want. ^_^ Feel free to try it! 
And I am going to go do a bit of reading... Addi out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment