Tuesday, July 16, 2013

WOWZER.

Okay, I have a lot I need to write about. First, I'll try to sum up June, and then this past week.

JUNE:
~PE. That was actually pretty fun. I met some freshmen that are pretty fun, including my "Timothy", the girl I'm supposed to help learn the ropes of Trinity. So that was fun. And we went bowling and played mini golf and went swimming.
~Tulsa. All the cousins on my dad's side of the family went to our grandparent's house up there.  I came a day late because of aforesaid PE, and met them at the lake. We went swimming in the lake, and fishing (well, I didn't fish).  The next day we went to a nursing home and gave cards to people, which was nice. This is going to sound so mean and shallow, but that place kinda creeps me out... it smells weird, and old people are creepy until you start talking to them and stuff. Mac seemed to agree with me on that. Once we actually started talking to them they were really sweet.
We slept outside in a tent most of the time, and when Kaylen woke me up one morning, she was like "Oh, watch out for the spider behind you." I look around and there is a freaking huge spider like a foot from my face. Luckily I was still too tired to scream. The next night we slept inside, and I was reading when a spider crawled across my pillow. Like, right next to my face. It was small though. I killed it.

~Grandma Camp. Let's see. We went swimming like every day, and ate SO MUCH ice cream. We rode our bikes to DQ one day, which hurt more than it probably should have. My bum was sore for the next two days at least. We watched a lot of movies. We blew bubbles, which was super entertaining. We got glow sticks and we had this brilliant idea to cut one open and pour the glow-y stuff into the bubble solution.
That failed. We caught fireflies, put Mentos into Diet Coke, did blind makeovers (that was really fun). We watched probably 15 episodes of Say Yes to the Dress. We tried to do the melted crayon art that I'm sure you've seen pictures of... EPIC fail. We made cake balls that were hideously ugly, but they tasted good. We played Messy Twister with shaving cream that we colored with food coloring. Our hands and legs were pink and purple for a couple days... It was fun though. :D I think that sums up most of Grandma camp. We danced and sang and listened to music a lot too. 

LAST WEEK:
CYT camp!!! :D AND MADELYN WAS HERE!!!! (Madelyn's one of my friends from India. Although she's originally from here.) :DD And we spent the whole week together and it was great!! It hardly makes up for the past year of not seeing it each other, but it was awesome nonetheless. So we spent the week dancing and singing and hanging out. 'Twas awesome. :)
At the showcase, Abby, Lexi, and Josh showed up and surprised us. :D
That's the short version. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment