Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mixed feelings

WARNING: This is gonna be rather long and confusing, rambling and weird. :P

It's 80+ and we can't turn the AC on bcuz it trips the power. I'm completly worn out, but don't want to sleep. My bottom hurts, but I'm too tired to get up. My brain hurts, so I don't want to write. I spilled perfume so my room smells like Bath and Bodyworks. I have a headache and my siblings are being loud.

But I have a bed underneath me, friends I'm chatting with, food, I'm no longer on an airplane (Halleluiah), I have a fan giving some cool air, and my cold has mostly cleared up. And I'm home. :)

I'm happy.=D

Well, the family is back in India. :) I don't know how, but I have seriously fallen completely in love with this country. I live in a city, so I've never even seen any of the beautiful parts of it, except the Taj Mahal. Where I live, it's dirty, hot, loud, frustrating, sad...the list goes on. So why do I love it? Because I love the people. They're so lost and I want to reach out and pull them out of prisons and cages that fill this country. I just wish I knew how to start.

Why am I happier here than in America? I think I kinda know. It's been dawning on my slowly the past few months, and I also read recently in a book that someone felt the same way. Life is easy in the U.S. It's too easy. It's easy to forget about God, to feel like you can do stuff "On your own". And I don't like it.
Another thing is (and this is really stereotypical, but it's what I have experienced) I don't like going to church in the U.S. because it's not as real. I don't know how to explain this, but the churches I've been to in India seem so passionate. In the States, it's more of going through the motions. :P I doubt all churches are like this, but that's what I have experienced. :(

Maybe I'm the only problem. I know I'm one of of the problems, anyway. :P

Sorry for making you read this. I had to get it out. :P

What are you guys going through? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment