Friday, November 13, 2015

My Heart Is Breaking

Oh God.

Terrible, horrible things have happened today.

Paris. Lebanon. Baghdad.

I'm currently sitting in a hotel closet in order to not wake up Holly and Kensi and I'm just crying and typing.

And praying.

Assuming my math is right and the news is correct -- and I pray that this number is too high -- two hundred and fifteen people were murdered tonight, between Paris, Lebanon, and Baghdad.

Two hundred and fifteen.

I'm not naive. Well, okay, maybe a little. I am, however, an optimist of the highest degree.

But this? This is... Horrific. Appalling. Sickening, disgusting, tragic.

I'm full of all this rage and fear and grief and.... And I don't know what to do.

Why must it be like this? Why can't people be nice and love each other and realize how beautiful other people can be?

This breaks my optimistic heart. This makes me question hope and sunshine and the fact that people can be good and kind and loving and heroic. This is ugly and shitty and dark and it makes me so, so, sad and helpless and furious and guilty about things like sitting in a closet doing nothing when people have just lost friends and family members and lovers and...

Sometimes this world absolutely sucks.

And I hate that.

I'm just praying that good will come out of this, I guess. That the people in Paris and Lebanon and Baghdad will find love and comfort and help and support. I pray that somehow the death count is far higher than it should be. I pray that no one is left to deal with this alone.

I pray that someone will remember to turn on a light.

Because it has been a very, very dark day.

No comments:

Post a Comment