Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Cookie Dough (A Summary of Senior Year So Far)

Hello.

Hi.

Yeah, um.

What do people talk about?

How do I have like six or seven social media platforms, at least three of which I spend hours on everyday, and yet I really don't have much to say?

That's sickening.

Ugh.

So, life these days.

College applications. Panicking about college auditions. Listening to Adele's "Hello" and Troye Sivan's Wild pretty much constantly. Wishing I was in a musical. Waiting for Lil to come (she'll be here in TWO DAYS!). Being waaay behind of where I should be on NaNoWriMo. Still being sad about James and Lily Potter's death (it's been what, thirty-four years? Is my math right?). Struggling to write music. Working at the library and checking out more books than I can read.

The usual, really.

Life is so weird lately. It's going so fast and yet so very slow. I feel like I'm in an awkward in-between place, where most of my time is spent planning and getting ready for things to come. Which I'm not good at, nor do I like. There are days when I get all panicky and scared and want to cry about college and paying for college and college auditions and everything. But there are also days when I don't even care. I'll go wherever and be fine with it and pay for it somehow. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

These viewpoints are a little at odds with each other.

I'm fine. I'll be fine. I get through the panicky days with cookie dough and fanfiction. I get through the "I'll deal with it later" days with Spotify and NaNoWriMo-ing and more cookie dough.

There's been an unhealthy amount of cookie dough this year.

Things are coming together, though. I have a top three list of colleges. I still don't know what I'm majoring in (go figure), but I'm pretty sure I'm going to minor in music. Even though it is so hard some days, I love it so very much. I know I want to write and travel and love God and love people and point them back to Him however I can. I want to go and learn and experience new things.

So really, my life plans haven't changed much. I think that's good. However vague they may still be, I think they're starting to take shape. Still not sure what that shape is, but hey, that's half the fun (and half the stress, but whatever).

Anywho. I thought I'd give you a few updates before I go write 2,000+ words before going to bed.

Please insert a slightly terrified smile here.

Later, skaters. Have a beautiful day/evening full of cookie dough and Adele. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment