Friday, August 31, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO.... ME!!!!

Woot, woot! Today was my birthday and the first day of school! I was crazy nervous, but I survived! And I managed to get my locker open THREE WHOLE TIMES WITHOUT HELP! I am quite proud of this magnificent feat.
To start from the beginning:
We had breakfast at Starbucks. :) (frappichino and coffee cake, my friend. It was delicious)<br>
Then we drove to school. And a LOT of seniors, juniors and a couple sophomores were standing on the sidewalk as we drove up to the building, with signs and screaming. I waved awkwardly. When we actually got to the doors, more older kids had a tunnel with their hands that I ran through. Inside, there were a lot of freshmen standing around awkwardly not knowing what to do. After a couple minutes, we were directed to the auditorium by the ambassadors (older kids). The Principal talked to us, the Student Council President talked, they did a little skit. It was highly amusing.
We went to our classes for twenty minutes each, so the teachers could help us find the rooms and get to know the teachers and other kids.
Then was the most interesting part of the day- Lunch.
Somebody (my amazing aunt) dropped off a present for me at school, and a lunch I suddenly hear, "It's Addison Herndon's birthday! Addison, come up here!" And so I went to the front of the commons and stood on a chair and they sang Happy Birthday. It was slightly awkward, but fun at the same time. They gave me Aunt Mimi's present, which was a HUGE basket with a ton of cookies in it. Her note: p.s. do NOT leave any cookies for me!
We did eat quite a few. :)
The rest went down pretty much the same way.
The day made me really excited for the school year, and I love the people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment